Comments about all grids

bonehead @ #15957: pleased to have done this one, very good with all those queen crossovers (2 hours, 11 minutes ago)

Omegaman @ #15945: Confectionary ☑ sweets ✖ ???? (3 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Pamela @ #15887: Excellent (5 hours, 21 minutes ago)

BrodieF @ #15954: A few inaccuracies in the answers, but not a bad grid. I'd say word groups should either be "can be followed by" or "can be preceded by" and not both. But that's just my opinion. (5 hours, 42 minutes ago)

BrodieF @ #15955: Didn't manage to solve this one fully but it's a nice grid. Pretty tough. 4/5, 4/5. (5 hours, 48 minutes ago)

BrodieF @ #15956: Nice little quiz and groups, but pretty easy. Check the spelling of your answer groups too! (5 hours, 52 minutes ago)

JonBob @ #15956: Excellent! And thank you for the explanations. (6 hours, 23 minutes ago)

bonehead @ #15956: I also made the mistake of spelling Napoleon correctly, so only 7/10 (8 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Your_Name @ #15956: napoleon... (8 hours, 53 minutes ago)

Pag @ #15954: Enjoyable first grid. Thanks (9 hours, 43 minutes ago)

truecockney @ #15940: Duly noted. I'll try to give some explanations for items I think are a bit more unusual (and I'm trying to get some crossovers, but I feel that is making it much more difficult to make these versions). It's impossible to please everyone all the time :) (10 hours, 6 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #15945: Never heard of large in that context and 'ten one-hundreds' feels a little contrived. Be careful of spelling, esp in answers - confectionery (11 hours, 40 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #15941: Need to expand the accepted answers slightly. Synonyms for brave not accepted. Also, the Dare group has another correct answer - they are all games (board or otherwise). (11 hours, 47 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #15940: Straightforward and enjoyable. I concur that explanations are always appreciated... (11 hours, 53 minutes ago)

4by4 @ #15934: Peter Capaldi regenerated into Jodie Whittaker (the 13th doctor) in the 2017 Christmas special. This was her first appearance as the Doctor. (11 hours, 55 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #15935: Was never going to get the Sneak group. Like the Sketch group... which personally I think works, even though I didn't get it! (12 hours, 1 minute ago)

FirstGofer @ #15934: Whittaker hasn't debuted yet, so 'all have played' isn't strictly accurate in our timeline. I admit, tenses are complicated where time travel is involved. What do we want? Time Travel! When do we want it? Whenever... (12 hours, 11 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #15933: 3/10... agree with Andy. I found it Fiendish! (12 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Eagleeyes @ #15954: Thought it was Houses of Parliament - not aware of it being referred to in the singular. (12 hours, 30 minutes ago)

JonBob @ #15951: That's my sister's name! :-) (12 hours, 36 minutes ago)

JonBob @ #15948: The Banksy group is brutal, American or not. No real "in" on that one. The Las Vegas line is American-centric but not overly obscure save one of them. The Vowel group is very clever (I missed it completely). (12 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Jn @ #15930: First 10/10 for a while. Really liked this one (13 hours, 44 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #15948: A bit too American for me but a decent grid. (14 hours, 13 minutes ago)

GIFFnotJIFF @ #15950: Was a bit disappointed to lose a point when I put 'ranks' instead of 'titles' - otherwise pretty good. (14 hours, 38 minutes ago)

Eagleeyes @ #15949: The owl line also works with F. (17 hours, 11 minutes ago)

Simon Williams @ #481: solutions need to have a less defined terms, accepting more generic terms. (18 hours, 22 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #15951: Same here. BARB? Once you get/guess that group it all collapses, unfortunately I took 2'50" to do so (19 hours, 23 minutes ago)

DH @ #15938: Really enjoyable challenge (22 hours, 51 minutes ago)

바카라사이트 @ #15774: I am not talking over cost-free pens and espresso mugs with your emblem to them, I am speaking concerning the digital immediate obtain supplies. I know well that difficulty doesn't essentially mean terrible, but I favor to stay away from such sports. Set a limit on how long you are going to play and just how much money you would like to risk. https://thekingcasinos.com/baccaratsite/ (22 hours, 51 minutes ago)

bonehead @ #15951: not bad.... but why have I never met anyone called Barb? (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15935: Cool. I did wonder how that would go down. I thought it was clever and challenging but also a bit unorthodox to say the least. Nice to hear both sides I guess. Cheers. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #15925: Too hard for me but a great concept (1 day, 4 hours ago)

ANGRY BEEVER @ #15941: Synonyms for brave. Not accepted. Surely just the word brave being in there means it should be accepted. DISAPPOINTING! (1 day, 4 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #15940: Explanations are most definitely appreciated. The effort is noticed. It always great to learn something new. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Johnny @ #15935: Gotta say, I disagree, I thought it was the best group! Thought all the synonyms were legitimate. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15947: I would have thought catarrh rather than cutter- even seeing the group i couldnt work out what you meant. Maybe your newsrreaders pronounce it differently to ours... (1 day, 5 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15941: Isnt Pascal Gross the current one? And Christian the briefly hilarious spurs manager*? Fun anyway. * Ok, one of the... (1 day, 8 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15940: TBH there's always google for explanations, but nice to know they are appreciated... Agree, this was surprisingly resolvable, despite the crossovers (yay!) (1 day, 8 hours ago)

cheminion @ #15938: enjoyable grid, thanks for setting. (1 day, 11 hours ago)

JonBob @ #15940: One of your easier entries in this style. Nice. Instead of always saying "can all be linked by," it would be helpful if you briefly explained the connections, at least for things that are cultural references or a bit oblique. (1 day, 11 hours ago)

JonBob @ #15935: Yeah, that's a really fair criticism. I wouldn't have been able to phrase it so nicely. The "tie" and "conclude" connections are completely fair and very clever, but the other two stretch the concept a bit far. (1 day, 11 hours ago)

JSilverman1 @ #15904: I agree - this one was way too hard, too. Must have been in a crabby mood that day or something. Sorry! (1 day, 12 hours ago)

threeferrets @ #15938: Nice (1 day, 12 hours ago)

DH @ #15935: challenging but good. the draw category is too tough iMHO: - draw as a noun (tie) - draw as a verb (sketch) that can be both transitive and intransitive: "I drew", "I drew a kitty cat" other 2 senses of draw that are intransitive verbs only Elicit is "draw out" only, isn't it, like a"draw out" is idomatic for Elicit? Conclude same is "draw to an close" or other similar phrases This answer *elicits*a sigh from me, and as I "draw this rant to an end" i say good day sir (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15934: Too hard for me but well set. (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15938: Excellent grid. (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Squiggle @ #15822: Why does it insist on 'all'? Put in 'cocktails' and was told incorrect. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15933: I have to disagree with the below comment about it being straightforward. Scored 3/10 but did kick myself about a couple of them afterwards admittedly. Nice grid. Cheers. (1 day, 19 hours ago)

lindy @ #15930: 10-/10...good grid..I kept trying to find a "David" group until I figured Bowie knife..:) (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Timbo @ #1942: ‘Aliases’ should be permitted. Otherwise excellent! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #15931: It's the ground where the gold is in mining. (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Chris @ #12836: Good fun and lovely mix of options. Didn’t see the vowels though! (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Kyle @ #15933: Found this one relatively easy, but a very nice grid overall. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15930: Excellent, one of the best I've done recently. Some really neat overlaps. Scored 7/10 after not identifying Bowie. Cheers! (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15931: Good one. I scored 3/10. Never heard of Pay Dirt - could it be a North American term? Cheers. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15929: I wish there were a way to delete grids, or at least mark them as defective (is there? I can't find one). Peter shouldn't be in there, the grid is incorrect. Sorry folks. (2 days, 9 hours ago)

chris @ #15930: nice simple grid. (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15930: Nice and straightforward enough. (2 days, 10 hours ago)

JonBob @ #15929: Peter? (2 days, 11 hours ago)

Paratus @ #15910: Needs to be factually correct. The start of the 12th Century was the year 1101, not 1100. It might still be a binary number but you're giving wrong definitions for the answers. (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #2277: Recommended (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Squiggle @ #15885: Enjoyed this... enough intrigue to tickle the grey cells. (2 days, 13 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15929: Good grid - a couple of well obscure clues scuppered me. 5/10 (2 days, 14 hours ago)

GIFFnotJIFF @ #15320: Never heard of Laios, must brush up Irish counties (2 days, 14 hours ago)

GIFFnotJIFF @ #15325: Some good crossover but it didn't take long after the cru- clue (2 days, 14 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15925: Spotted the theme, but way too obscure for me - 0/10 (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Mike A @ #15911: (2 days, 16 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15925: too difficult to be any good (3 days, 2 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15926: Hammond. May, Cook.... I was looking for the 4th Eng cricket captain..... (3 days, 2 hours ago)

chris @ #15922: nice grid. (3 days, 5 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15925: Quirky. Should have trusted you on the cars front. Spotted the theme eventually. Nice work. (3 days, 6 hours ago)

rabbit @ #9384: Any way you can change the 02 to O2? not sure if possible but not really consistent/fair as is. otherwise nice quiz (3 days, 8 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15920: Quaint group rather sticks out for me. (3 days, 8 hours ago)

cheminion @ #15920: 6/10 - Excellent grid this - loved the choice of categories. As with bonehead I went PMs and was annoyed not to be given it before I realised. Thanks for setting. (3 days, 11 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15921: IGNORE - there is a typo. Sorry! (3 days, 12 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15915: Ah, a good point. Not being a fan of such musicals I had always assumed it was Grease. Cheers for the input, if not the abuse. (3 days, 12 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15920: Really good grid - the Quaint group especially clever... I also went PMs but thought the Court was martial (homophone Marshall) and opted for Commonwealth PMs. Over-thought that one! haha ;-) (3 days, 12 hours ago)

MollieT @ #15918: Oh :( not specific enough do you think? (3 days, 13 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15920: I thought UK PMs was right..... but of course Hague not a PM rats Good grid (3 days, 13 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15919: Patrick Thistle??? (3 days, 13 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15918: Generally a good grid with good crossovers. Felt a bit let down by the Reid answer though... (3 days, 13 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15910: I like the idea behind it but I was well and truly flummoxed. Good for a challenge. (3 days, 14 hours ago)

Busker @ #15915: (3 days, 16 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15916: Excellent grid... Lenin and Cell groups particularly clever. Thank you! (3 days, 16 hours ago)

The Truth @ #15915: It's "greased" lightning, you fuck (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15915: I didn't think it was too easy, just easy enough. Not every grid needs to leave me baffled. Well set. (4 days, 6 hours ago)

JonBob @ #15910: It's like you've layered a third challenge of decoding the answers on top of finding the groups and understanding the connections. I normally like your "crossword" grids, but this one went a step too far for my tastes. (4 days, 8 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15917: Dont bother with this one, ive inadvertently resubmitted the previous puzzle, although you might find this one a bit easier as a result (4 days, 8 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15902: Cross I didn't see the Nine solution. Not sure about Low Hiss and what about Gene Tierney?? Kinda invalidates that clue. (4 days, 10 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15908: Only 2 for me. I've given myself 3 as my answer was 'digits on the hand' due to the inclusion of thumb. (4 days, 11 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15909: Found this really difficult... some of the clues being quite obtuse. (4 days, 11 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15915: Nothing wrong with easy - excellent grid :-) (4 days, 11 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15909: Interesting concept and nice style, just a bit difficult for me. Scored 2/10 after not having heard of a couple of the clues. Cheers. (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15912: Clever and fun. Scored 4/10 but probably should have been higher looking back at the answers, that and trying most combinations for the metals but not getting them - I find there's a huge difference between there being five of something and six of something, haha. Cheers mate. (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15914: Fun, clever, but difficult. Scored (moral) 3/10 (it didn't accept the singular form of the answer you wanted for the Brennan line). Cheers (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15915: Probably a bit easy in retrospect, just threw it together on the bus on the way to work. Enjoy (4 days, 19 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15911: Great grid with clever overlaps. My one gripe would be that it didn't accept Animated Films for the, er, animated films. But perhaps you were right to demand a more specific answer. Cheers. (5 days, 3 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15908: Good grid and overlaps. I scored 6/10 but it could have been 10 with different guesses at the end - I always seem to guess wrong. Cheers for the grid. (5 days, 3 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15907: Cheers for comments. (5 days, 4 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.