Comments about all grids

BwB @ #6177: Must have been amended by now as all my answers were correct and I put Battles for one and Tube stations for another (25 minutes ago)

Mr. Puzzle @ #19021: Nice grid, good categories (27 minutes ago)

Mr. Puzzle @ #19036: Unfortunately "colour" is spelled the American way, so I was marked wrong for that group. Also looks like a potential Labour member has shown up in these comments (32 minutes ago)

rvan @ #19032: great (48 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19038: Great grid here. Should have spotted one quicker though. (1 hour, 26 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19037: Fine grid. I was thinking of one thing and instead get four different links altogether. (1 hour, 30 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19036: Apart from the Mustard link the rest I was stumped on. I wonder how well others fare (1 hour, 33 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19033: Same as numbers 19031 and 19030. (1 hour, 35 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19035: Good grid here with five of one thing in three of the categories. (1 hour, 41 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19031: I think you've submitted it twice. (1 hour, 46 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19030: Got two points by seeing the links after autosolve. You'd know if there were any red-herrings here. (1 hour, 49 minutes ago)

beforan @ #19028: nice surprise to see NG represented. (1 hour, 50 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19029: Some guesswork from me, I knew what Homer and Gala were but the rest needs thinking. (1 hour, 55 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19027: Moderately fine with the red-herrings 100% known (2 hours, 3 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19026: Identified a rew red-herrings on this puzzle and made numerous attempts to find the links. (2 hours, 7 minutes ago)

please die @ #19036: this is shit, never do this again you fucking bitch-ass cunt (2 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Xel @ #17747: Thought all the giant words were ships because of Titanic. Silly me! (3 hours, 17 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #19029: Had me totally stumped........nice work! (4 hours, 38 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #19025: A fine grid - excellent if the Murrumbidgee group has a red herring (who knows?). Blind eye to the spelling mistake. :-) (5 hours, 49 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #19025: Not easy peasy Japaneasy for me...I didn't know that God forsaken barren wasteland full of nasty things trying to kill one, had any rivers!! (6 hours, 27 minutes ago)

Clue @ #19017: Explanation - do you mean m-sc-t? (6 hours, 29 minutes ago)

cazza @ #14134: not that famous (6 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Hiro @ #19025: Easy peasy japaneasy (7 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Vest Enpance @ #19020: Come on feel the noize! Great gridding, you're definitely getting your Cuppa Soup. (8 hours, 13 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #19021: Got the Capitals and Stylish then struggled...so a big groan from me for the Marx Brothers solution....good grid! (14 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Squiggle @ #19017: Fun grid, well done (16 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Squiggle @ #19013: Never heard of 'Doug'!! Other categories good. (16 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Giggsy @ #16533: look at us. just a couple of jellylegs laughing. i love it! (19 hours, 2 minutes ago)

UBone @ #19013: Haven't heard of Doug in years! nice grid. (20 hours, 17 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #18915: AK has already snatched them Aardvark. Sorry but here, you can have a midget gem. (21 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #19011: @edwardo Star was a last minute change, now that you point it out it is obvious. School boy error. (1 day ago)

Clue @ #19004: Impossible grid to have all entries the same. The answers are obviously going to be 'X', 'X', 'X' and 'X' for all of them and the answers don't match any. 0/10 will be the common score. (1 day ago)

Aardvark @ #18915: Cadel Evans, Chris Boardman, Chris Froome, Dan or Tony Martin - male pro cyclists. Can I have my points please :) ! (1 day ago)

falcon7777 @ #114: very good (1 day ago)

JD @ #19011: Groups were straightforward to get once one fell into place. Otherwise a good grid. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

S.S. @ #18974: Good grid (1 day, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #566: clever and fair (1 day, 2 hours ago)

S.S. @ #18987: Quite neat (1 day, 2 hours ago)

edwardo @ #19011: "Hover" and "Star" could swap into the other's category easily, probably forming more common answers than they currently do. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

S.S. @ #18995: I think the "fare"etc group and "directors"etc group were rather loosely defined. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Aetees @ #18995: While I liked the grid and like the theme you may want to expand the list of acceptable answers. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Clue @ #18994: You'd either know them or you don't. Someone here should get Max Points. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Clue @ #19003: Numbers which means anything until these ones which have definitions I'd never knew about. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Timmon @ #18991: Only good if you're in the Prior Family. Pretty poor for everybody else. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

lindy @ #19000: Yep..I was marked incorrect for dictionary and for Prime Ministers. * sigh* (1 day, 5 hours ago)

VJ @ #6613: good connections, again hard to get them right, if you do not stumble on the exact formulation the setter has chosen (1 day, 7 hours ago)

VJ @ #6618: good connections, but impossible to get the points for them, unless you happened to use exactly the wording the categories were described as, this is highly unlikely (1 day, 7 hours ago)

jefco @ #18995: Pretty clever! (1 day, 8 hours ago)

a @ #19004: troll spotted (1 day, 8 hours ago)

Dumb Cunt @ #10577: Me feel smart now (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Borey @ #18055: 'Omlet' is not but 'omelet' is. I'm not sure 'omlet' is a standard spelling. (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #18947: Lost me completely as I'm not into girl group surnames or losing talent show entrants but guessed Joe for the Joe group and got incorrect! So a zero score instead of 1. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #18932: Great grid thanks. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

🦆 @ #18878: Yep, Buddy Cop shows/movies: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BuddyCopShow (1 day, 17 hours ago)

BinDipper @ #18950: :)) I don’t think I’d lose any sleep over it Ossie. They’re probably correct but the social skills on here at times are cringeworthy. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #11102: The name Shen Yun means the beauty of divine jellylegs dancing, and that is what the audience experiences. Shen Yun now has six equally large jellylegs that tour the world simultaneously, bringing an all-new performance of dance, costumes, animated backdrops, singing, legs(jelly), and music to over 150 theaters every year. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #11097: For 5,000 years, divine jellylegs flourished in the land of China. Through breathtaking music and dance (and jellylegs!), Shen Yun is bringing back this glorious culture! (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #11650: Listen, Jellylegs. I don't want to tell you twice, but it's KIWI. K? Chinese Kiwi. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #16308: very nicesu, jellyleg-san! (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #18995: board THIS, jellylegs! (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #19001: okay, jellylegs. you got me this time! (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #19000: Allow singular versions, jellylegs! (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Iggy Swan @ #18997: I have amended this puzzle with the addition of more accepting link terms, now on puzzle 19003. You should get points from the website for typing the links in. (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Laurence @ #18981: Roy LICHENstein! POW WHAM (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Larry. @ #8165: good grid. we got 3 / 4 connections. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Laurence @ #18989: This is too hard and boring (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Larry. @ #15862: class (1 day, 20 hours ago)

JD @ #18950: Good grid, got there 2 with 2 seconds to spare. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Iggy Swan @ #18980: Pope Alexander - there are eight of them but those are not their real names unlike Alexander Pope and the others in the category. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

skystorm @ #18979: thank you..I did just put oil and pie...but knowing me possibly put them in the wrong box...:(. Thanks for all of the encouraging comments from all of you. I will do another one later..especially for you BinDipper..:) (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Iggy Swan @ #18994: Some tricky connections here, especially the Max Power group. Had to search for a few (e.g. Radioactive Man) to see why. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Iggy Swan @ #18972: Honduras definitely fits it's category of four. The birthplace of Victor Moses - I thought that is a capital city. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

boo-urns @ #18973: "Hot" incorrect for film category? And a seperate category for Hot non-movies? Feels sloppy. (1 day, 23 hours ago)

COD @ #18979: Good advice from BD, and a good grid too. (1 day, 23 hours ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #18950: Blimey....I didn't think these grids were taken THAT seriously!!??....I'll try harder in future! (2 days ago)

Cheese @ #18984: Good grid! Enjoyed the Gross group :) (2 days ago)

JD @ #18840: Knotted = Twisted = Mixed Up = Silver is an anagram of Livers. Great grid. (2 days ago)

a @ #18992: no "trousers"? (2 days, 1 hour ago)

boo-urns @ #18980: Author category is weak for obvious reasons. Also what "a" said about Pope. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Tommy @ #18992: Too easy (2 days, 1 hour ago)

You @ #9214: I like a theme (2 days, 1 hour ago)

BinDipper @ #18972: It's not my kind of grid where everything is of the same type but what's wrong with Honduras? (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Clue @ #18972: Honduras? I don't think so. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #18992: Easy grid, but struggled with connections, didn't except Jeans, guessed Geordies, sorry Macams (2 days, 2 hours ago)

BinDipper @ #18979: But take no notice of the habitual moaners and whingers. Just think of them as Brexiters doing what Brexiters do. :-D (2 days, 2 hours ago)

BinDipper @ #18979: Another example - "They are all synonyms for fat". If you put 'syn', and 'mean', and 'same' in the keyword box, you probably don't need to write all the synonyms themselves down. The person answering should hit the answer just by saying 'They're synonyms' or 'They mean the same' or 'They're the same as...'. Hope that helps a bit. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

BinDipper @ #18979: If you use a tense let's say the past-tense and the link is 'All the things are played' - if you just put 'played' in the little box, anyone writing 'playing' or 'plays' or even just 'play' will be marked wrong. Solution is to put the shortest version of a word, or even part of a word that they wouldn't write by accident. In this case, 'play' or even just 'pla' will do it. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

BinDipper @ #18979: There are two bits - the bit that everyone sees, where you explain what the link is. As long as that makes sense the wording is irrelevant. It's in that other box (the small one) where it really matters. If you use the plural there you're likely to trip people up. So if you put 'oils' then people writing 'oil' will be marked as incorrect. More to follow... (2 days, 2 hours ago)

skystorm @ #18979: Bindipper..thanks..I am not sure how else to do the links there..they say keep it brief..any help would be welcome ..what would have been better to put ? (2 days, 2 hours ago)

a @ #18980: Did you mean Alexander Pope? Pope Alexander doesn't have a title in his name, he just has a title. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

a @ #18982: Too monolithic IMO... basically "sort the actors" (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Aetees @ #18987: A nice grid though you may want to look a bit more carefully at acceptable answers in future. Relatives should work in my opinion. Hardly the end of the world though. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

a @ #18987: No "relatives" for the family group or "storm" for the weather group? (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Petedub @ #18986: Nice wall, thankyou. Me and Wendy enjoyed playing it. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

BinDipper @ #18979: The grid is fine Sky but your linking terms aren't. Both pie and oil were marked as incorrect. Are you pluralising in the keywords? :-) (2 days, 5 hours ago)

skystorm @ #18939: hi thanks for the feedback...I put National Anthem because of the Sex Pistols track God save the Queen...it's the first one I submitted so I hope to improve .... (2 days, 5 hours ago)

DSU1985 @ #2748: Enjoyed it. (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Vest Enpance @ #18942: Disagree about the Swindon group. It's one of those you either know or you don't, which come up quite frequently on the TV show. Some lines are meant to be obscure, that's the point. Knowledge based rather than 'generally guessable' (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Dan Brown @ #18980: Well that's hurtful (2 days, 6 hours ago)

DSU1985 @ #1110: Never heard of Jack fruit or bread fruit! (2 days, 6 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.