Comments about all grids

carol @ #7641: I do think the answers and their acceptance is a vital and key part of the enjoyment of the grids. part of the whole game, not an aside to be in your own head...!! certainly doesn't spoil the day! just a frisson of annoyance at the time! (51 minutes ago)

carol @ #7643: starsign animals not accepted - grrrrrrr (57 minutes ago)

carol @ #7675: well, I said seals for bottles/jars etc and was marked wrong. soooooooo irritating….! (1 hour, 31 minutes ago)

B @ #6692: Typewriter - that useless bit of trivia finally came in handy. 10/10! (2 hours, 21 minutes ago)

carol @ #7739: I expect you've sorted the daft answer range. three out of my four answers were TOTALLY correct but marked wrong as other comments show! the answers are as important to those who do the grids as actually doing the grids!! (2 hours, 25 minutes ago)

carol @ #7756: please check your spelling - tis dire! (2 hours, 51 minutes ago)

carol @ #7773: good (3 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Jt @ #1586: Need to expand category descriptions accepted. (4 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Omegaman @ #16394: Wouldn't accept synonyms but the hidden names caught me out. (10 hours, 18 minutes ago)

Haribo @ #10570: Lambs lettuce for Lamb L, not sure about Corn S though? (11 hours ago)

haywood @ #16394: not sure "Charlie" counts as a crossover or herring as I don't see Chelsea hiring any manager by that name. :) Thanks for the grid though. (11 hours, 23 minutes ago)

haywood @ #16401: Hi Paddy, I don't think you're quite getting this. Have a look at the BBC Only Connect site and maybe you'll understand a bit better. Can't post the URL here but google BBC Only Connect, should take you there. (11 hours, 37 minutes ago)

PERNICKERTY @ #16401: Anyone else confused? (11 hours, 53 minutes ago)

carol @ #7901: sorry I know I shouldn't be negative but errors like using the wrong word ie penultimate, and saying that the words in the plenty/adequate etc line all mean the same (they absolutely don't!!)......irritate me no end!! Please please check over. Make your grid great not half right! (13 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #16399: Not actually what I'm ever trying to achieve... Fair point about countries: Uganda Ecuador PNG and Dominica since you ask p. There aren't really any non- obscure ones for that group tho (13 hours, 21 minutes ago)

haywood @ #16392: Antony: Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war. Julius Caesar III-i But no, I didn't get it either. (13 hours, 57 minutes ago)

haywood @ #16400: 6/10 coz I can't spell "Carrribbbean" , good job (14 hours, 9 minutes ago)

haywood @ #16399: right well I got a big Canada goose egg on this and I was getting ready to flame for being so obscure, but now I grudgingly see the simplicity of it (even though the flag line requires some specialist knowledge and it might have been nice to list the actual countries.) So, grr but well done. (14 hours, 16 minutes ago)

Grace @ #16351: I miss you all (15 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #16400: Bravissimo! (15 hours, 44 minutes ago)

good grid @ #16395: (18 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #16395: Bah. I am always mixing up my sciences and pseudo sciences. (18 hours, 47 minutes ago)

MaggieThatcher @ #16375: Pretentious twaddle (19 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Grimace @ #16395: I put celestial bodies. I'd imagine this grid would have been hard if I wasn't once a tekken fan. I'd have never got the apes. (19 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Danielle & Jakub @ #16375: 👍🏼 (19 hours, 46 minutes ago)

haywood @ #16395: astronomical, perhaps, rather than astrological. Nice line, though. (21 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Lyndon @ #16392: your having a laugh why did`nt you do a list of your relatives - would have been easier Cry havoc !!!! - never heard of that (21 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #16393: A pretty good grid. Plenty of cross overs. (22 hours, 16 minutes ago)

haywood @ #16393: too tough for me, couldn't climb into it. (1 day ago)

Nathan @ #16351: (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Nathan @ #16352: (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Barry Scott @ #16387: Love it. Like a strong theme. (1 day, 10 hours ago)

JonBob @ #16337: @tb8 Think The Beatles, not Marvel Comics. (1 day, 12 hours ago)

not amused @ #16375: NO! (1 day, 13 hours ago)

tb8 @ #16337: it's rocket not rocky? ;) (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Nicole @ #16351: (1 day, 14 hours ago)

aaron @ #16351: spelling errors :( (1 day, 14 hours ago)

aaron @ #16352: (1 day, 14 hours ago)

oh no @ #16362: Hermione's cat's name was spelled Crookshanks. Otherwise enjoyable. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

D @ #16382: I work with things like "EC2" on a daily basis and even then it was too obscure for me. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

Grimace @ #16281: I thought communistcol must be some kind of drug when I was playing it. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

D @ #16393: I felt the "De" group is a bit too weak a connection in my opinion. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

JonBob @ #16389: Really nice overall! Mostly echoing what has been said; a couple of the clever groups mix two types of connections together, which makes it messier than it needs be. Pick only one of "has a" or "is a" or "is named" for each group, and it will all come together splendidly. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Anonymous @ #16351: The links are so specific, it makes answering it so difficult. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Aetees @ #16382: Certainly tricky, 1/10 for me, but not unfair. A little niche perhaps. Also I enjoy a few of the writers and didn't know they were Mormon so educational for me. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

JJ @ #19: "Capitals" should also accept "Caribbean", as that's where they all are (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #16389: Goat would of fitted better than Capricorn, but I see what you were trying to do with crossovers good grid (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Lyndon @ #16382: did not even try - did`nt know half of the words - terrible grid (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Lyndon @ #16386: you may as well asked for your neighbours names (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Alice @ #16383: Too many of the same kind of connection. Traditionally, each connection on the wall is a different kind. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Lyndon @ #16387: enjoyed doing this (1 day, 21 hours ago)

haywood @ #16381: edwardo fyi there is no colour assignation to groups (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Alice @ #16389: Capricorn does not fit with the other three in its group. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

elsie @ #16351: (1 day, 22 hours ago)

macabaret @ #16387: The idea is superb and I'd love to see more of these kinds. But a bit more challenging with more red herrings! But very well done. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

edwardo @ #4195: The group with "Forest" in it could conceivably also be united with "oynpx" rather than "terra" (rot-13 to stop spoilering) (2 days ago)

hubby @ #16389: Probably needed to use zodiac rather than astrological but I awarded myself full marks anyway ;-) Fun grid (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Mister Tom @ #10537: Trying this a second time, spotted the misdirections... it's much better than I gave it credit for (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Mister Tom @ #10550: 1 and 64 can be swapped. 1* (2 days, 2 hours ago)

edwardo @ #16388: Thanks TCBH! That makes sense. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

TooCleverByHalf @ #16389: there is no 'Red' group. the colour depends on which order you solve them. (the red group is the third group to be solved) Also out of curiosity, what do mean by the C___ might've been better as G____? I know you're trying to avoid spoilers but its not clear! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

TooCleverByHalf @ #16388: the blue group is which ever group is completed last (2 days, 4 hours ago)

edwardo @ #16388: I just did the grid again and the same group also came out blue! It was the one with "bitter" in it. I particularly like that one! (2 days, 6 hours ago)

edwardo @ #16373: Blue line - well you either know it or you don't and I didn't but it's fair enough. But the red group needs to have a much tigher link between the answers (particularly because a much tighter link exists between one of the red group and one of the blue group). (2 days, 11 hours ago)

edwardo @ #15901: I don't know that this is finished. I put a C word for blue and an H word for green and it said wrong. I think this one might be unfinished or trolling me. (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #16388: Ta- but afaik the colours are random- there's no "blue group." Wou certainly dont get colours assigned when setting. Unless you mean blue sky? (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Only Me @ #16389: Liked this, thanks. (2 days, 13 hours ago)

edwardo @ #16388: Nice grid - couldn't find the link for the blue group but had me slapping myself when I saw the reveal. (2 days, 13 hours ago)

edwardo @ #16389: The red group confuses me - one is the "name" and the other 3 are "descriptions" - C_____ might have been better as G___? Even so this is a good grid, solvable and the connections were clear. (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Midge @ #15019: Bloody hell.. (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Onlythelonely @ #204: Penguin isn’t actually a children’s book publisher - they publish for all ages. Puffin is Penguin’s exclusively children's brand I believe (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Paul @ #16365: Got. Caught out with the job twice 😂 (2 days, 17 hours ago)

haywood @ #16389: good grid, only sour note was that "astrological symbols" not accepted (2 days, 19 hours ago)

haywood @ #16383: good grid. Assassin in the singular was refused though. (2 days, 19 hours ago)

haywood @ #16387: Hey, now that's nice and easy (peasy, lemon squeezy)! Gone in 60 seconds, once I twigged what was going on. Nice one. (2 days, 20 hours ago)

Paul @ #1708: Unpossible (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #16370: It's a friendly, he's unavailable :-p (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #16377: Staggeringly nasty and very good (but note Troy wasn't greek - it was in Asia Minor, modern day Turkey). Nowt wrong with hard puzzles per se but as a rule of thumb, grids will usually be rated harder than you expected (even allowing for this rule of thumb). (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Poopooo @ #3754: holes in body- incorrect kitchen appliances- incorrect Haircut- incorrect onomatopoeia-incorrect Man fuck this (3 days ago)

Poopoo @ #14642: To vague (3 days ago)

Mister Tom @ #16387: Apparently agist is a word, though possibly not the one intended! Thank goodness for that. Nice idea but Needed crossovers, e.g. Read, Rick, Loud (3 days ago)

Poopooface @ #15019: Wow what a troll (3 days ago)

B @ #16383: Tough cookie! 10/10 with seconds to spare. (3 days, 4 hours ago)

giggsy @ #16383: Grid was good. I was rubbish. (3 days, 9 hours ago)

giggsy @ #16377: Me too - seems that's tougher than we think. Yours are smart though. Keep going. (3 days, 9 hours ago)

Only Me @ #16381: Good grid. (3 days, 11 hours ago)

gridaddict @ #16376: Should have accepted "collective nouns" for groups of animals. (3 days, 12 hours ago)

DrunkenTypist @ #16381: I thought this was an excellent puzzle - I got two of the groups, should have got the Danube one. The Eurovision one would not have occured to me in a million years! (3 days, 13 hours ago)

Only Me @ #16383: I agree with hard. I scored 1/10. Getable answers though. Thanks for making the grid. (3 days, 13 hours ago)

haywood @ #16381: oh well, i thought i gave enough to go on, but i guess i must try harder (3 days, 14 hours ago)

haywood @ #16377: we must both be thick as planks, then. They reckoned my first one was too easy. I'm aiming for medium but clearly it's trickier than it sounds (3 days, 14 hours ago)

Joe @ #16377: hahaha nice one Giggsy, thought there was something greek and parky going on but just too obscure to be enjoyable (3 days, 14 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #2748: So good I reused the space group several years later (3 days, 14 hours ago)

Joe @ #16381: One of those grids the setter has enjoyed making much more than anyone trying to solve it. Thanks anyway (3 days, 14 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #12631: Go9d one (3 days, 14 hours ago)

Jody @ #16321: It was a joke you nob (3 days, 15 hours ago)

? @ #16378: So are you saying there are 360 seconds in an hour? Think you missed a 0 off!! Would not have got it either way though (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Only Me @ #16382: 0 (4 days ago)

Jon of Kent @ #16342: Even though I know nothing about films I did manage to get some of this. The acid category seems getting on unreasonable to me, unfortunately! (4 days ago)

Giggsy @ #16377: You think mine are too hard? I didn't get any of these. (4 days, 2 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.