Comments about all grids

pfaurenz @ #17355: nice grid, got 7/10 (17 minutes ago)

Puzzled @ #17357: Ceaser should be Caesar. Baffled by the homonyms (1 hour, 26 minutes ago)

Lesley @ #17376: Good grid. Definitely 'get'-able but challenging (1 hour, 49 minutes ago)

TT @ #17370: Unfortunately I don't even know what Quark is... (5 hours, 26 minutes ago)

TT @ #17367: A good puzzle - not too easy. Accepted 'conductors' in lieu of 'composers' - is that also correct? (5 hours, 32 minutes ago)

TT @ #17365: Agree with JS - I put the word 'intelligent' in and it was not accepted (5 hours, 39 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #17367: Your description of the composers misspelled "obscure" :-) Good grid though, just much too tough for me This morning (6 hours, 46 minutes ago)

Dottie @ #17357: Should be “roses” rather than “rose” (8 hours, 3 minutes ago)

bg @ #17369: the explanation for hidden greek letters says 'eta' when it should say 'chi' (11 hours, 54 minutes ago)

perrya @ #17281: hockey pucks are not spheres (12 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Omegaman @ #17267: I put animal head parts for the nose group which should be equally acceptable so have myself the point anyway. (14 hours, 37 minutes ago)

x @ #17361: skye spelt wrong (14 hours, 39 minutes ago)

asdfgas @ #17352: Like the famous Harry's and poet rows, really confused me with the England footballers surnames, good red herrings, nice grid, thanks (14 hours, 41 minutes ago)

Giggs @ #17362: quick solve (14 hours, 45 minutes ago)

JS @ #17365: Could do with some more red herrings I think - also, maybe accept some more similar adjectives as acceptable answers for your 'learned' group. (15 hours, 45 minutes ago)

Angie T @ #630: I vaguely remember from my uni course that the frigate bird has a very special way to attract a mate. (15 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Angie T @ #17318: Definitely festive and some nice ideas. Perhaps falls down on having 9 examples of one of your links meaning there are too many viable answers. (16 hours ago)

Els @ #17318: Garbage (16 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Giggs @ #17360: Tough but fair (16 hours, 20 minutes ago)

whattuheck @ #17365: Not being British made this very difficult for me (16 hours, 22 minutes ago)

Tom @ #16043: not your best (16 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Tom @ #16044: Amazing board, great stuff Traut mann (16 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Squiggle @ #17318: Like the ideas, but don't know why 'types of plant' for the first category wasn't accepted. The given answer very unlikely to be guessed! (16 hours, 53 minutes ago)

cazza @ #630: well - what's a frigate bird?? (17 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Squiggle @ #17365: A satisfying grid. (17 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Lw @ #17369: V tough but achievable. Red herrings got me!! (18 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Linda M @ #17366: Fantastic. I love Only connect (21 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Angie T @ #17357: I understood the homonyms group. Maybe could have improved the grid with some red herrings. Thanks Rosie :-) (21 hours, 31 minutes ago)

bonehead @ #17357: I am baffled by the homonym group (22 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Nicetea @ #15871: Nice simple grid! (22 hours, 12 minutes ago)

bonehead @ #17361: weird - I solved the grid, but none of my connections was correct! (22 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Nicetea @ #696: I put in; start with P and end with E for the Pete group. Didn't know what a compère was. (22 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Nicetea @ #12437: Love the ghosts! (22 hours, 22 minutes ago)

Nicetea @ #1110: Thank you for a good grid. (22 hours, 28 minutes ago)

Lw @ #17317: Bit too clever for its own good. Not satisfying. (23 hours, 37 minutes ago)

JonBob @ #17330: Excellent. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

alicoo @ #17201: specific color ?? don't be ridiculous ! (colour) (1 day, 5 hours ago)

Peachy @ #17232: I enjoyed this. Typo on cheshire tho (1 day, 5 hours ago)

whattuheck @ #17330: Awesome! I got 7, only didn't guess the category right for the Bo & Luke category, probably because I'm not American but still this was a great board. (1 day, 8 hours ago)

Julie @ #11973: Nice puzzle (1 day, 12 hours ago)

me @ #17329: Could swap "pool" and "coffee" and still have a solution, so this is not a valid grid. (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Julie @ #1396: Ambiguous if you don't get two sets- good mix of types of groups (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Tool @ #17329: Way many option for one grid (1 day, 15 hours ago)

Grimaldi @ #14746: Not a grid for me, this one - too many connections of a similar type for me, and not a type that really appeals. It's clever, but I do agree with the other comments about the 'Flake' group, it's just a step too far. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

Jo @ #17351: Nice one! (1 day, 16 hours ago)

Grimaldi @ #17324: Liked this grid, spotted the groups but took me ages to work out what the red herrings were for each one. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Grimaldi @ #17330: Didn't get the connection for the Loki group as it's something I know almost nothing about, but really liked this grid and strangely somehow saw the Kilgrave group straight away. V clever. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Grimaldi @ #17333: I did find this one easy but that might have been because of the positioning of the items in the grid when I played it which made one group jump out straight away! (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Grimaldi @ #17351: Great grid! Lots of red herrings and although I could see the themes for for the last two groups were I couldn't quite pick the right things in time. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Sid @ #17351: nice (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Peachy @ #17277: Fun once I got started. Interesting grid. (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Koptaman @ #14746: Lake one ridiculous. Way too obscure. Otherwise good (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Turkey @ #17330: The "Kilgrave etc." line wasn't remotely obvious at any point to me. Probably the most tenuous connection I've ever seen in one of these. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

zac tudor @ #17307: too easy (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17325: I agree the missing letters is too harsh if not the same letter. Also, I actually think water goes with the life group although I admit that life is a better fit. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17326: Very nice and enjoyable - couldn't get the final 2 groups without losing my lives then got 3 groups so 5/10 overall. Not bad I think as I would have never got the surfing category. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17330: Another good one - only managed to get one group but 3 more on the guesses once grid resolved. Loved the Kilgrave etc. line as it was so obvious once I saw them together. Wondering if there were any more red herrings that I can't spot! (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17333: I would say that was easy level - not very easy. I got 10/10 in 33 seconds but there were still some crossovers but groups were quite obvious. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #17320: Good stuff, thanks for setting (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Val Crow @ #17333: Good grid, well done. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #17325: ... and that sort of group really needs a consistent missing letter usually (1 day, 22 hours ago)

J @ #17333: Was easy enough but still a good enjoyable grid :) (1 day, 23 hours ago)

nizlamb @ #17333: Sorry I forgot to set the difficulty level? Although it may well be Very Easy, first I've submitted (2 days ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #17325: enjoyed this, but unless your from Beer in Devon would have struggled (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Jeffy2 @ #17321: Hi make no more stuip one (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Jeffy2 @ #17328: Hi (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Jeffy2 @ #17328: Stupid (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Pretty girl @ #17327: Jenny you are a idout (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Jenny @ #17327: This grid was easy and next time please check your spelling otherwis good (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Pretty girl @ #17327: This is cool (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Pretty girl @ #17328: This is god dam hard next time make it easy. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Hubby @ #17318: Hmmmm.......... Didn't quite work but some nice ideas. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Hubby @ #17320: Missed the silent film stars connection, but a really enjoyable grid with good crossovers. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

G. @ #17318: [SPOILERS] Though the distinction between them was clear, having two categories composed of plants seems... odd. Unfitting. Both sets involving "Christmas" is a little less of an issue, I guess because there's leeway in wordplay for getting cute. Festive, though! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17314: Yep very good - saw all 4 groups by the end but only had time to actually get 1 group. (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17324: Fairly easy but good grid, nicely put together. I got all 4 groups pretty quickly but not the link on the wordy one so 7/10 for me. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Mappy @ #3608: Great grid! There were a lot of fun connections there. (2 days, 7 hours ago)

Mappy @ #8619: Fantastic grid! I had lots of fun solving it! (2 days, 7 hours ago)

Nicetea @ #8000: Blue's grids are always very enjoyable! (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #17250: Neither former high street stores or fictional archers were accepted but ok otherwise (2 days, 14 hours ago)

CM @ #17317: Liked the look of it. Two fairly gettable with a bit of thought. Two impossibly obscure to my mind. Could have gone a bit more general across the board and still been a stiff challenge. A game of two halves. (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17309: I wrote this board and I am definitely British!! (2 days, 16 hours ago)

JS @ #17300: Great grid - I spotted the potential groups straight away but sooooo many red herrings made it really challenging! (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Koptaman @ #16749: Good grid other than the Blackadder because was also titles, so no need to think further and technically correct. (2 days, 17 hours ago)

nonsuch @ #8625: Doesn't accept 'King's, with an apostrophe (2 days, 17 hours ago)

haywood @ #17307: EPLSqueezy 10/10 (2 days, 19 hours ago)

J @ #16957: it didn't like country but probably would have said yes to countries. not too easy but not too difficult (2 days, 19 hours ago)

Liz @ #17309: Should be made clear if a board is compiled by US source as some connections are too local (2 days, 20 hours ago)

yes @ #5344: yes (2 days, 20 hours ago)

TENOMT @ #17297: Its rated as a hard grid, and so may I suggest you try medium level or easy. (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Rantos @ #17285: Poor proofreading. My apologies. (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Ben @ #17307: Crown and supreme are interchangeable (both chicken/court). (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Mugwump @ #17297: First names are always a bit too vague as there are probably hundreds of groups of people which include 4 common names such as John, George etc. so very difficult and a bit infuriating. I think for future grids, try using more of a variety of categories so one group could be first names but other groups should be completely different. (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Jim @ #17307: Fun grid, though I lost points for saying “inebriated” instead of intoxicated. That should probably be allowed. (2 days, 23 hours ago)

JonBob @ #17242: Very difficult but fair. (2 days, 23 hours ago)

Lal @ #5633: Great (3 days ago)

Lal @ #368: Good one (3 days ago)

Mugwump @ #17287: Agree with Jim - thought it would be possible but got those two so 4/10. I guessed post codes for the last one but didn't know where they were! (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Mugwump @ #17308: Great ideas on this grid but I think the cereals link is a bit tenuous - I got 4/10 overall, only getting one group but then seeing the 3 other connections. (3 days, 1 hour ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.