Comments about all grids

peddars @ #17444: Never heard of a cut board, pretty sure it should be cutting ... as a result fixated on "being" bored ... LOL ... enjoyed it. (4 hours, 7 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18726: oooooooooowwww! my braaaaaain! (4 hours, 9 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18731: good grid- one simple answer for each group. (4 hours, 28 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18735: chased "dry"around for ages- so many of them! but it cleared a bit after I spotted the dogs- that group I liked. Lander was a bit of an obscure word, threw me. (4 hours, 39 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18739: had a nice "clouds parting" moment with revenge, I therefore rate this highly! (4 hours, 47 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18745: Ii may have been easier for me if I'd known about iwahig prison- I thought this group definition was still a bit weak- pink floyd song, wall doesn't exist? No way I would have spotted a commonality amongst a jumbled grid for those. Bit confusing but good initial concept. (4 hours, 55 minutes ago)

Wil @ #21526: It was a pretty darn good wall (7 hours, 28 minutes ago)

vc @ #21503: de niro? (11 hours ago)

EDC @ #21516: nice puzzle! (11 hours, 59 minutes ago)

EDC @ #21517: not accepting imitate? Seems like a fair answer. (12 hours, 2 minutes ago)

kanye west @ #21514: (13 hours, 11 minutes ago)

kanye west @ #21517: isnt my wife hot (13 hours, 19 minutes ago)

peddars @ #17541: I enjoyed it. Keyboard warriors only know how to criticize. LOL. (13 hours, 26 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18749: Agree. I started well and fell down on a lack of very specific knowledge. The idea was a good one; would be nice if it relied more onthe spotting the words part- but then you did mark it fiendish! (13 hours, 27 minutes ago)

lorna @ #21516: gams slang for legs comes from gammon, from the French jambon (ham) from jambe (leg) (13 hours, 37 minutes ago)

Stationory @ #17905: Fwiw, stationery != stationary (13 hours, 44 minutes ago)

H @ #21516: Good grid (16 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Larry @ #21504: Sally Fields starring opposite Burts Reynoldses in Smoky sand the Bandits. (17 hours, 52 minutes ago)

chicken nugget @ #21516: (20 hours, 24 minutes ago)

chicken nugget @ #17905: it didn't accept stationary (20 hours, 35 minutes ago)

chicken nugget @ #17922: :) (20 hours, 40 minutes ago)

chicken nugget @ #18040: cool (20 hours, 44 minutes ago)

chicken nugget @ #18112: good for kids (20 hours, 50 minutes ago)

chicken nugget @ #18423: didn't accept famous landmarks (20 hours, 54 minutes ago)

hiiiiiiiii @ #19755: easy and good for beginners (21 hours, 1 minute ago)

tooth ache @ #19804: (21 hours, 22 minutes ago)

huh? @ #21516: gams? megs? (22 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Nottoobright @ #12552: Checking, Finishing, Polling, Deigning? :( (22 hours, 59 minutes ago)

chris @ #8355: goog one (1 day ago)

chris @ #21514: OK (1 day ago)

S2e @ #21517: Very nIce and red herring forward! (1 day ago)

Quizy Rasca @ #21518: Monaco play in the French League. I didn't say they played in the leagues of the capitals the county are in. I was going to put Cardiff in as well for the same reason. (1 day ago)

Ragman @ #21518: Barcelona isn't a capital. They play in the Spanish league, so claiming it is the capital of Catalonia won't wash.. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Vj @ #21514: Fun to do, not a lot of overlap between groups, though. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21514: Great fun, nice read herrings. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

tooth ache @ #8094: good:) (1 day, 3 hours ago)

tooth ache @ #17624: i like turtles (1 day, 3 hours ago)

will @ #21503: not sure Robert De Niro is italian... (1 day, 5 hours ago)

Browny6000 @ #20507: Bands one was too specific, all 80s bands. Didn't accept other words for mental either. (1 day, 11 hours ago)

Browny6000 @ #20635: They are all shires (1 day, 11 hours ago)

gaffer @ #17782: and spamalot! ! nice grid (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Browny6000 @ #20866: Really? Eaten and beaten not accepted? Yeah, I know it's only for fun but... (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Browny6000 @ #20890: Mens magazines not accepted? Poor. (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Browny6000 @ #20916: Weight is also mass. (1 day, 14 hours ago)

steve @ #6710: carol is an idiot. great one. (1 day, 15 hours ago)

JEN @ #21515: Slightly banal but very witty!! (1 day, 15 hours ago)

Browny6000 @ #20949: Horror icons not accepted (1 day, 18 hours ago)

JohnDaker @ #204: Linux is not an operating system, it's a kernel. Android uses Linux. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

chris @ #2748: good grid (1 day, 23 hours ago)

chris @ #184: nice grid (1 day, 23 hours ago)

jamesjames @ #21500: Thanks kitten (1 day, 23 hours ago)

jamesjames @ #21506: Thanks Luskentyre. PERNICKERTY - I agree, this was an oversight, sorry. (2 days ago)

H @ #21510: Thank you Aetees. You are a good grid setter and quite prolific, which is appreciated. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

lorna @ #18752: you're funny (2 days, 3 hours ago)

lorna @ #18753: did you repeat some clues in another grid? (2 days, 3 hours ago)

lorna @ #18768: Does tridge have to be a word on its own? It made car- tridge? lots of people put just letters, numbers up, that's allowed. Found this a bit easy- were there any red herrings in there? (2 days, 4 hours ago)

lorna @ #18769: Oh you really made me laugh! I spent all my time trying to squeeze mitre into the joints. Very confusing to play but fun to read after! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

lorna @ #18772: I like the concept. I like grids based on good spots and lateral thinking over obscure knowledge. I agree with the other comments about a few wobbles but do please keep trying these! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

lorna @ #18775: yeah- defs a bit wobbly, but ok grid (2 days, 4 hours ago)

lorna @ #18777: whaaaaaat? (2 days, 4 hours ago)

lorna @ #18785: ooooooh, very clever! love the mix of hidden and overt metals as red herrings and excellent word play. more like this, please! (2 days, 13 hours ago)

lorna @ #18795: obscure answer AND an anagram? good grief... (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Paul @ #21489: Pretty tricky - for a bit in there, between drone, warrior, and all the birds, I was expecting something about "things the American military has named things after", haha. "Things you can fly" is a classic Only Connect-style category title. (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Paul @ #21491: got all the connections, but I was confounded on the final group identification because I assumed it was signers of the Declaration of Independence! classic blunder (2 days, 15 hours ago)

lorna @ #18808: respectfully disagree with peekay, I thought all links worked well. Enjoy cryptics very much and spotted a couple of red herrings, this was a bit easy but a lot of fun so thankyou (2 days, 16 hours ago)

lorna @ #18815: love the cryptics (2 days, 17 hours ago)

lorna @ #18816: great! (2 days, 17 hours ago)

lorna @ #18820: it could also be said of the 8.40 group that they are times that the hands meet, unless I worked that out wrong? The shipping forecast group was just evil, no way I'd get that but I was proud to (nearly) get two groups (the above and the palindromes), even if marked wrong! Great stuff (2 days, 17 hours ago)

peddars @ #18061: LOL ... Whoever heard of a pasta western ... rofl ... (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Maria @ #2297: "Parts of Instruments" should absolutely be valid, considering other instruments also have those parts. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

VJ @ #21502: not hard once the red group was clear (3 days, 2 hours ago)

Laurence @ #21485: I like this quiz, but when I put “Mortals who became gods” I did not get a point! (3 days, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21501: Quite an unusual mix, but some good hints. Was surprised I had so much trouble with the pink group. (3 days, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21504: fun connections not that easy to explain (3 days, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21508: tought to get, but fun connections (3 days, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21509: Great red herrings for the first group, all others fell neatly into place. (3 days, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21507: Last group very left field, tough to get but great connections. (3 days, 2 hours ago)

VJ @ #21510: Great overlaps, very British (3 days, 3 hours ago)

JerseySue @ #11231: Loved this one - found jockey the challenge but lucky that I adored Fraggle Rock in the 80s! Thanks (3 days, 3 hours ago)

lorna @ #18823: extremely clever, joyful when the clouds part and you see what's been right there all along! thank you for this grid xx (3 days, 7 hours ago)

lorna @ #18821: genius! favourite setter. parker/ stone and united pork very good ideas, and funny! (3 days, 7 hours ago)

Ellie @ #21504: It's Sally Field, no S (3 days, 13 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #21267: Homophones arent a thing loser (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #21382: the more I do your puzzes, the more I fall in love with you. you may be citrus, but u sweet. olive juice. it's not an anagram...but if you say it out loud, i think you'll get what i'm saying ;) (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #21431: suck a scandinavian egg ya little punk jellylegs i'm going to smoke salmon your ass!!! xoxo, Giggsy (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #21451: suck a scotch egg, jelly eggz ps good puzz jk i love you 💋🥚 (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Giggsy @ #21493: Powerful puzz, my jellyleggy friend. Jelly mary, jelly mary, jelly mary! (3 days, 15 hours ago)

lorna @ #18832: Great wall (ha ha - great wall) :)- (3 days, 15 hours ago)

lorna @ #18840: me too, favourite. Thanks for soundgarden reference. (3 days, 16 hours ago)

lorna @ #18838: double letters was tricksy and clever. (3 days, 16 hours ago)

lorna @ #18841: ok, so I googled Markov chains and now my brain hurts. (3 days, 16 hours ago)

lorna @ #18849: brilliant! didn't get it but should have. Forgot that knot is a bird. I blame school holiday related child induced tiredness :) (3 days, 16 hours ago)

Fuffa @ #21511: I feel like the group of footballers all from the same country should be allowed as an answer. (3 days, 16 hours ago)

lorna @ #21509: malcom x is a good red herring (3 days, 16 hours ago)

Lars @ #21511: Horrible (3 days, 17 hours ago)

geoff @ #21499: only one L in walnut !! (3 days, 17 hours ago)

gloamglozer @ #68: "starts with the letter..." should never be included in a grid category (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Jeanjeannie @ #16361: Great grid thanks (3 days, 21 hours ago)

gloamglozer @ #21510: Clergy should count for the catholic church group (3 days, 21 hours ago)

Virapondus @ #12915: Elementary! (3 days, 23 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.