Comments about all grids

peekay @ #12773: Awful, sorry....but just awful (4 hours, 29 minutes ago)

jamie @ #12773: did not enjoy this (4 hours, 54 minutes ago)

mpvectis @ #12710: excellent set. Many thanks. only issue is I typed in "seaside" for the final set and was told "incorrect", could you please add to the list of possible answers if indeed correct, if not, I'll scratch my head some more. (5 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Hotspur62 @ #12764: Excellent grid. (6 hours, 58 minutes ago)

anthony @ #12882: a good grid (8 hours, 22 minutes ago)

ejg @ #12011: wouldn't accept devito movies!! (8 hours, 27 minutes ago)

ejg @ #12050: there may be a dolphin fish, but a dolphin is a mammal... and who says marlin fish, or swordfish fish. Bit tenuous (8 hours, 35 minutes ago)

ejg @ #12056: wouldn't accept 'harrass' for pestering :-( (8 hours, 38 minutes ago)

E.C. Jet @ #12879: Very difficult, but entertaining. (9 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Grace Quirell @ #12880: Wow, that was tough! I had no luck at all. (9 hours, 11 minutes ago)

Gladys Allover @ #12881: Fun and challenging. (9 hours, 17 minutes ago)

J.Cloth @ #12882: Great fun. Well constructed. (9 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #12883: Deeper and down. (9 hours, 36 minutes ago)

mpvectis @ #9302: nice as a demo grid (10 hours, 23 minutes ago)

ejg @ #841: would not accept geographical coastal features... landforms? harsh (10 hours, 31 minutes ago)

ejg @ #841: would accept geographical coastal features... landforms? harsh (10 hours, 31 minutes ago)

awdawdawdawdawd @ #10378: oww (15 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Flicka @ #12839: Like it. (18 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Flicka @ #12884: Very weak connections. Australian cricketers! (19 hours, 19 minutes ago)

Olaf @ #12664: (20 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Hans @ #12664: (20 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Squiggle @ #12844: Great grid. (21 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Squiggle @ #12848: I agree about the river parts. Also I knew US states but didn't bother with capitals and it wouldn't allow, which is harsh! (21 hours, 12 minutes ago)

JamesD @ #12884: Some of these connections are pretty weak. (21 hours, 44 minutes ago)

Dr Watford @ #12883: Nice grid - the double DOWN works well and adds a level of confusion! (1 day ago)

Diane @ #1462: Marked me incorrect for Sandra??? (1 day ago)

bonehead @ #12882: liked this one (1 day, 1 hour ago)

MisterS @ #12883: Oops - same clue in twice. Is there a way to edit? (1 day, 3 hours ago)

toast @ #12881: Unlike Bob G I did like the Mondays and unlike the gazpacho group in your previous submission the freeze line didn't leave me cold. Good one. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

toast @ #12879: Paris turned out to be Mission Impossible for me but the grid is entertaining thanks. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #12881: Always nice when an clue gives you the key to a group that it's not actually in... (1 day, 6 hours ago)

Wiz @ #1405: Diane, that's the point? (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Diane @ #1405: The islands were incorrectly spelled ie Isle of Wight (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Jim @ #12744: Nice grid. I'd never heard feldspar in place of orthoclase. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Jim @ #12743: I agree, nice grid; the Puck group was especially clever. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Jim @ #12738: The Dinner group could also be "____ roll." (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Jim @ #12725: This red herring may have been unplanned, but I kept chasing a roller coaster group (Comet and Beast are two famous ones, and Dark Destroyer sounded like it could be one). (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12799: Goed! My ignorance! Is this Dutch? (2 days ago)

Ed Bouy @ #12866: Good grid, very well constructed, (2 days ago)

K uit L @ #12799: super GOED (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Jezebel @ #7835: Another case of trench foot here...fun grid! (2 days, 2 hours ago)

fenton @ #12621: It should be 'Little' not 'Large' for the first part of the comedy act..... (2 days, 3 hours ago)

mpvectis @ #7846: nice one to use as intro if you are new to grids (2 days, 8 hours ago)

mpvectis @ #48: nice mix. only got 2 but they were some reward at least :) (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Matt @ #12839: loved this boys (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Matt @ #12814: I retract my rating. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #12814: Did not accept synonymous words but otherwise a good grid (2 days, 19 hours ago)

EJG @ #642: dissolve does not mean decompose (3 days, 1 hour ago)

anthony @ #12848: a good grid ,parts of river should be accepted (3 days, 3 hours ago)

toast @ #12866: Liked the scorpion line. (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12853: No,Blin! I agree with you!why on earth is is there?!! (3 days, 4 hours ago)

Jezebel @ #12859: Enjoyed this...anything containing Yarg and the rest of its group is good by me:) (3 days, 4 hours ago)

Blin @ #12853: Agree that it's one of the 4 largest cities by population in Europe? Because it's not even close. (3 days, 4 hours ago)

EJG @ #579: Sorry to carp, but wouldn't accept grumble (3 days, 5 hours ago)

Hotspur62 @ #12746: Knew who they all were except Princess Merida but still only got one group. Excellent grid. (3 days, 6 hours ago)

Hotspur62 @ #12745: Good grid, didn't accept literary genres (3 days, 6 hours ago)

Hotspur62 @ #12743: Good grid, the groups are linked nicely together. (3 days, 6 hours ago)

anthony @ #12853: a good grid with plenty of red herrings (3 days, 7 hours ago)

toast @ #12817: Nice variety. (3 days, 7 hours ago)

Blues @ #12833: Cheers Nellington... Nice alternative as well. (3 days, 7 hours ago)

TooCleverByHalf @ #534: decent grid (3 days, 9 hours ago)

mister tom @ #12848: Ohio and alabama are interchangeable so it's notba valid grid. (3 days, 17 hours ago)

E.L. Wisty @ #12859: Cracking grid, perfect balance of difficulty and fun. (3 days, 22 hours ago)

Diane @ #1082: Didn't accept clergy??? (3 days, 23 hours ago)

no one @ #12781: answers are not diverse enough to make it worth doing (3 days, 23 hours ago)

no one @ #12807: noble gases is correct (3 days, 23 hours ago)

The Cypriot @ #20: Decent (4 days ago)

! @ #226: Not good enough for this site. Bad taste to have the names of murderers. And check your spelling before you press submit. (4 days, 1 hour ago)

bonehead @ #12850: I put "Oxford Colleges" - not accepted (4 days, 1 hour ago)

bonehead @ #12857: tricky but enjoyable. Couldn't remember the title "green grow..."! (4 days, 1 hour ago)

bonehead @ #12859: pretty good all round, liked it (4 days, 1 hour ago)

Wiz @ #12853: Actually I agree about Düsseldorf. (4 days, 1 hour ago)

Blin @ #12853: How is Düsseldorf in that last group? It has nowhere near the largest population in Europe (4 days, 2 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12848: Virtual palindromes? I don't buy that! It would include a lot of words. A good grid. (4 days, 3 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12853: It may be a quibble but I think that Hull is not that.. UK I believe. (4 days, 3 hours ago)

EJG @ #351: I put beasts of burden (4 days, 5 hours ago)

MB @ #12810: fun grid (4 days, 5 hours ago)

EJG @ #276: wouldn't accept towers (4 days, 5 hours ago)

Amanda Hugenkiss @ #12848: "Parts of a River" should be accepted for the bodies of water (4 days, 5 hours ago)

MB @ #12785: Good fun (4 days, 5 hours ago)

Amay @ #12853: Too much obscure(!) general knowledge, wants more cunning thinking (4 days, 5 hours ago)

EJG @ #205: wouldn't accept names that can be male or female (4 days, 5 hours ago)

EJG @ #92: doesn't accept us sporting bodies!!! when sports bodies appears in answer. poor (4 days, 6 hours ago)

EJG @ #12450: have an issue with magarine... none are actually margarine, and it wouldn't accept spreads (4 days, 8 hours ago)

EJG @ #12486: I went grammy winners rather than one name... they are both (4 days, 8 hours ago)

Amay @ #12786: Great idea, very clever thought (4 days, 9 hours ago)

EJG @ #12525: solved it but too many that could be preceded by good - made it more about luck if you didn't get that set in the first 2 (4 days, 9 hours ago)

Amay @ #12850: Great fun (4 days, 9 hours ago)

EJG @ #12589: wouldn't accept periodicals for publications (4 days, 9 hours ago)

EJG @ #12611: only accepting impertinence. too pedantic (4 days, 9 hours ago)

Narrow Neck @ #12848: The place names are virtual palindromes too, just one letter switch needed in each! (4 days, 9 hours ago)

EJG @ #12660: Action connection seems pretty tenuous.. but to toeswest, don't see what's wrong with O'Hare as an airport? In chicago, usually referred to just as O'Hare and the busiest international airport in the world. (4 days, 9 hours ago)

Narrow Neck @ #12844: Another cracker. So seemingly simple and yet not. Thanks. (4 days, 9 hours ago)

chris @ #12844: well thought out grid (4 days, 10 hours ago)

pockets @ #2791: fun but quite easy (4 days, 19 hours ago)

pockets @ #8386: not too easy, good grid (4 days, 19 hours ago)

Nellington @ #12833: Excellent grid. Top marks! P.S. - An alternative answer for the 'fight' set are 'things that are in other things', ie. Bun in the oven, cat in the hat, bull in a china shop and dog in the manger. (4 days, 20 hours ago)

Only Me @ #2296: Lovely (4 days, 20 hours ago)

Fitz @ #12850: "Constituent colleges of Oxford University" I guessed "Walking Dead" Correct! (4 days, 20 hours ago)

Blues @ #12833: Toast, first time anyone has described me as elegant... That aside I agree with your identification of the twenty-one units a day rule although I have fought a hearty campaign to increase it. Thank you E.L. , Jezebel and Amay, reading your comments adds a little extra to one of my recommended 21 units. (hic.) (4 days, 22 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.