Comments about all grids

Bob a Job @ #25047: Just tricky enough but enjoyable - with several crossovers (14 minutes ago)

Pseudonym @ #25052: pseudonym (14 minutes ago)

Bob a Job @ #25037: Not too difficult but ok - more crossovers needed (20 minutes ago)

Steve @ #25047: Really enjoyable, and just the right level of challenge. (46 minutes ago)

Gaffer @ #24879: 'art' works with the avant garde group as well (56 minutes ago)

Pseudonym @ #25052: Fun! (56 minutes ago)

Pseudonym @ #25052: This was simple yet brilliant! (57 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18124: Just found this- loved it. Straightforward looking enough but so well constructed it kept me hopping for the full time chasing the (right) answers around. I wouldn't call any of this niche, although nighteyes is usually bang on the money with advice and feedback (1 hour, 6 minutes ago)

UrsaMedium @ #25031: ARGH! So obvious when revealed, but couldn't piece it all together. Shameful 2/10 from me... Bravo! (1 hour, 10 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18150: Looking back through for Truecockney grids- this is a brilliant one - you still submitting? (re. comments: DM clearly misunderstanding concept of cryptic?) (1 hour, 18 minutes ago)

lorna @ #18091: Found an old one of yours- classic, really good one. You really know how to slam a heckler, too! I gotta get me some of that! :) (1 hour, 32 minutes ago)

Eve @ #8700: Favourite so far (1 hour, 48 minutes ago)

Eve @ #12924: (1 hour, 57 minutes ago)

Eve @ #24062: Good quiz (2 hours ago)

Pip @ #25032: Only if you are a masochist (2 hours, 7 minutes ago)

Eve @ #3188: Tricky but good (2 hours, 11 minutes ago)

Eve @ #186: Great! (2 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Eve @ #10577: Love it! (2 hours, 31 minutes ago)

Eve @ #25034: Liked the theme! (2 hours, 56 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25046: 7 seconds left- probably cos I don't have a telly! (3 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Eve @ #25043: Liked the links! (3 hours, 5 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25045: good crossovers (3 hours, 6 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25043: very good (3 hours, 8 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25042: Nicely done Ossie (3 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Ridder @ #25044: Rqueen, come on chris, you've never heard of it? Pphhhh.... (3 hours, 45 minutes ago)

chris @ #25044: R Queen ?? (4 hours, 31 minutes ago)

DanC @ #25036: Fooled me with the dummy hobbits group. Well played (4 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Mr C @ #25044: Good effort. Can I suggest 2 changes? 1) you've missed the 'L' out of 'Riddler' 2) You have accidentally put a second "Queen" answer in the group you can add an 'R' to the front. Still, I enjoyed it though. (4 hours, 36 minutes ago)

chris @ #25039: Good grid (4 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #25019: 👌🏼 (5 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Debra @ #25033: I didn't know it was possible to cross a goat with a sheep. Not sure I wanted to know. (5 hours, 12 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #25037: Very good.......and as I have never heard of House of Games I was scuppered by "Answer Smash"...I was looking for anagrams and cryptic clues instead! (5 hours, 13 minutes ago)

jim @ #25026: i agree with snakeo (5 hours, 23 minutes ago)

Billy Bones @ #25037: The perfect quizzy quiz for quiz-lovers! Loved it, thank you. (5 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Billy Bones @ #25039: Now that's how to do humour without resorting to sexism or racism. Well done! (5 hours, 39 minutes ago)

MNSasha @ #24987: Sorry about the spelling error. And Bozo, I assume you are talking about the "now" group. Given the solution, unfortunately any guess containing that letter will likely end up being counted correct. I didn't see a way around it. (6 hours, 5 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #25039: Bit harsh on a lot of MPs but it didn't detract from the Grid. As for feedback/advice I would simply say don't be afraid of making mistakes, even if some of the more anal contributors to this site criticise you for it.......we all made mistakes at the start and some of us (ahem) still do!! (6 hours, 39 minutes ago)

Jd @ #21705: Enjoyed it but still can’t see link for the buddy row and has me stumped (6 hours, 49 minutes ago)

TheDoc @ #1942: I was convinced Michael was one of the groups! Nice one =] (7 hours, 23 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25039: Witty! Chaplin connection was hard but fair. Took me 24 seconds, so yes quite easy, maybe some more crossovers as you say, good spread of subjects. Great first attempt! (7 hours, 49 minutes ago)

TheDoc @ #25039: Still fairly new to the making. Feedback appreciated. Cheers =] (Possibly too simple? Only one major decoy) (7 hours, 53 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25035: I like what you did there. :) (8 hours, 7 minutes ago)

George @ #25015: I put 'storm' for the last line :() (8 hours, 36 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #25015: nice, enjoyed this one (8 hours, 58 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25018: a) because it would obscure it too much. b) needed terms that were similar in appearance to the anagrams group (9 hours, 19 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25034: Good one- few secs left. Nicely themed, very enjoyable (9 hours, 29 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25032: Excellent grid (9 hours, 34 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25031: :) (9 hours, 44 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25033: Apologies for typo (sp. e not a) on one reveal- it will not affect game play or accepted answers- just the explanation! (9 hours, 47 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #25031: You done me up like a kipper there Monk....I couldn't even come up with a single possible group let alone the correct one!! Top work (10 hours, 1 minute ago)

Immortal Otter @ #24981: Lovely work, very difficult but in an enjoyable way (10 hours, 3 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #25026: Very good one (11 hours, 26 minutes ago)

GG20 @ #13254: This was such an amazing quiz, I was enlightened!!!! (11 hours, 27 minutes ago)

Ozzy @ #25018: Ha! I'm sat looking at it and I didn't spot it. Sneaky (12 hours ago)

Ozzy @ #25004: Grrrrrr I'm really angry because I've never heard of something and it's in a puzzgrid! You're literally at a computer. Ever heard of google? (12 hours, 5 minutes ago)

Anne Onymous @ #8000: I loved the welsh trick! Completely fooled me! (12 hours, 31 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25022: Quite clever camouflaging there. (12 hours, 53 minutes ago)

Est @ #2732: Love this (13 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Est @ #2749: Really liked this grid although I didn't get the blue ones! Well done! (13 hours, 51 minutes ago)

cb @ #25004: 4/10, I congratulate you and me. ;-) (18 hours, 58 minutes ago)

cb @ #24999: 6/10, I congratulate myself. ;-) (19 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Yuri @ #12138: Had no idea about 'Oxford Blue' - thanks for the education! Also went for "Navy, Faithful, Boy, and Bailey" being 'songs with the word "Come" in the title' - I feel as though that should have still been given points! (20 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Yuri @ #98: "Solfa" should be added to the answer key for 'Me, So, Ray/Re, La'. (20 hours, 36 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #25021: 10/10. Liked that (20 hours, 59 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25020: What a great idea- easy if you know it but good crossovers (21 hours, 10 minutes ago)

DH @ #25019: I like the idea but i can hardly see the images (21 hours, 29 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25019: :D (22 hours, 7 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #25013: Good one. Anagrams made it very difficult (23 hours, 9 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25017: the D'Artagnan group, in particular, is what makes an excellent puzzgrid. That's such an original idea, well executed, without obscurity. Hat's off to this one. Brilliant work (23 hours, 30 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #24980: Please keep posting. (23 hours, 55 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #24982: Easier but still fun (1 day ago)

Saty @ #24866: dit was n baie lekker speiletjie (1 day ago)

Saty @ #24866: Really loved this one (1 day ago)

Saty @ #24885: The S of TeamSaty really loves colour theory - less keen on hypothetical hairy fairy stuff like quantum (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Saty @ #24885: nice do more bro. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

ButtonsCat @ #238: Liked it a lot! It was daunting at first but was able to sort it out in decent time. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

JamieQ @ #24986: Got it but wouldn't like to say how many goes it took. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25014: Agreed Frog it was tricky to spot but there are very few homographs to choose from that could make effective clues- having additional similar meanings or commonalities was something I couldn't find, I'm afraid. Why don't you have a go? It's a lot of fun (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #24980: Great to have such kind feedback especially after so many debates over being unorthodox and weird; people posting offensive grids as me; daring to attempt homophones... Sensitive? Moi? ;) As long as people are enjoying the variety, I'll let those less keen just pass on by to the next grid, no harm done :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Frog @ #25014: So the only connections are the first letters. I don't mind the idea behind it but it needed better connections than that. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Billy Bones @ #25013: What a sneaky group (with le chase) didn't spot it! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Bozo @ #24987: I didn't think I'd ever say this but the connection AI for the second one wasn't restrictive enough. I put "Microsoft" as a complete shot in the dark and it said I was correct! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

JamieQ @ #25014: That was a headscratcher (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25014: Very clever and again I “nearly” got them all. Honest. :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Ade @ #24980: Really enjoyed this and I like house of games. Let’s be friends! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Saty @ #24986: Loved this one - just took too long to complete it! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Saty @ #24986: not bad kid (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25013: Nice! Crossovers, wordplay and general knowledge. I got 10/10 but had to work for it :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25015: I learned a new word today! :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Saty @ #24989: TREEEEEEEE (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25011: Quite easy once I’d spotted the first group. Satisfying to complete, thanks (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25004: As in you get 3 clues but not the group or you get 3 groups? I do listen to this feedback as I want my grids to be challenging but satisfying. My aim is to give one "hook" per group to get you started, and a spread of subjects so that if you find one group harder you get the first 3 and have time after to spot the link. Thanks for commenting, I'm still developing styles and gauging difficulty, so constructive feedback really helps! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25006: Good groups, I knew them once they were formed for me. I didn’t have enough time to sort all the crossovers though. :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25004: Cruel! So often I get 3 of these clues but the style means you can’t guess the last one. Satisfying when I do get them though, thanks Lorna :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

JamieQ @ #25004: I do enjoy these Lorna not that I always solve 'em. Thanks for posting (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #24947: Been in anything we'd know? My brother works on off as film/tv extra, good fun. Went with him once, made a channel 5 documentary about- you guessed it- Nazis!!! At least it wasn't Nazi sharks (or on post- watershed). (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25008: Enjoyed that. Good crossovers and nice balance between wordplay and general knowledge. Not too difficult :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25004: Not smug at all jolly- you enjoy the victory! Hopefully starting to see what to look for in my grids! (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Snakes @ #24993: Telenovella screwed me, but a good grid (1 day, 2 hours ago)

lorna @ #25004: rag week in British English (ræɡ wiːk) education. (in British universities) a period, usually a week, in which various events are organized to raise money for charity, including a procession of decorated floats and tableaux walk Spanish: To force someone to leave, usu. from a public place, by lifting him by his coat or shirt collar to a walking position and propelling him toward the door (1 day, 2 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.