Comments about all grids

Yuri @ #12138: Had no idea about 'Oxford Blue' - thanks for the education! Also went for "Navy, Faithful, Boy, and Bailey" being 'songs with the word "Come" in the title' - I feel as though that should have still been given points! (43 minutes ago)

Yuri @ #98: "Solfa" should be added to the answer key for 'Me, So, Ray/Re, La'. (1 hour, 9 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #25021: 10/10. Liked that (1 hour, 32 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25020: What a great idea- easy if you know it but good crossovers (1 hour, 44 minutes ago)

DH @ #25019: I like the idea but i can hardly see the images (2 hours, 2 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25019: :D (2 hours, 40 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #25013: Good one. Anagrams made it very difficult (3 hours, 42 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25017: the D'Artagnan group, in particular, is what makes an excellent puzzgrid. That's such an original idea, well executed, without obscurity. Hat's off to this one. Brilliant work (4 hours, 3 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #24980: Please keep posting. (4 hours, 29 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #24982: Easier but still fun (4 hours, 37 minutes ago)

Saty @ #24866: dit was n baie lekker speiletjie (5 hours, 25 minutes ago)

Saty @ #24866: Really loved this one (5 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Saty @ #24885: The S of TeamSaty really loves colour theory - less keen on hypothetical hairy fairy stuff like quantum (5 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Saty @ #24885: nice do more bro. (5 hours, 33 minutes ago)

ButtonsCat @ #238: Liked it a lot! It was daunting at first but was able to sort it out in decent time. (5 hours, 34 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #24986: Got it but wouldn't like to say how many goes it took. (5 hours, 44 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25014: Agreed Frog it was tricky to spot but there are very few homographs to choose from that could make effective clues- having additional similar meanings or commonalities was something I couldn't find, I'm afraid. Why don't you have a go? It's a lot of fun (5 hours, 45 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24980: Great to have such kind feedback especially after so many debates over being unorthodox and weird; people posting offensive grids as me; daring to attempt homophones... Sensitive? Moi? ;) As long as people are enjoying the variety, I'll let those less keen just pass on by to the next grid, no harm done :) (5 hours, 50 minutes ago)

Frog @ #25014: So the only connections are the first letters. I don't mind the idea behind it but it needed better connections than that. (5 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Billy Bones @ #25013: What a sneaky group (with le chase) didn't spot it! (5 hours, 53 minutes ago)

Bozo @ #24987: I didn't think I'd ever say this but the connection AI for the second one wasn't restrictive enough. I put "Microsoft" as a complete shot in the dark and it said I was correct! (5 hours, 55 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #25014: That was a headscratcher (5 hours, 55 minutes ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25014: Very clever and again I “nearly” got them all. Honest. :) (5 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Ade @ #24980: Really enjoyed this and I like house of games. Let’s be friends! (6 hours ago)

Saty @ #24986: Loved this one - just took too long to complete it! (6 hours, 1 minute ago)

Saty @ #24986: not bad kid (6 hours, 2 minutes ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25013: Nice! Crossovers, wordplay and general knowledge. I got 10/10 but had to work for it :) (6 hours, 5 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25015: I learned a new word today! :) (6 hours, 5 minutes ago)

Saty @ #24989: TREEEEEEEE (6 hours, 8 minutes ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25011: Quite easy once I’d spotted the first group. Satisfying to complete, thanks (6 hours, 10 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25004: As in you get 3 clues but not the group or you get 3 groups? I do listen to this feedback as I want my grids to be challenging but satisfying. My aim is to give one "hook" per group to get you started, and a spread of subjects so that if you find one group harder you get the first 3 and have time after to spot the link. Thanks for commenting, I'm still developing styles and gauging difficulty, so constructive feedback really helps! (6 hours, 12 minutes ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25006: Good groups, I knew them once they were formed for me. I didn’t have enough time to sort all the crossovers though. :) (6 hours, 13 minutes ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25004: Cruel! So often I get 3 of these clues but the style means you can’t guess the last one. Satisfying when I do get them though, thanks Lorna :) (6 hours, 19 minutes ago)

JamieQ @ #25004: I do enjoy these Lorna not that I always solve 'em. Thanks for posting (6 hours, 22 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24947: Been in anything we'd know? My brother works on off as film/tv extra, good fun. Went with him once, made a channel 5 documentary about- you guessed it- Nazis!!! At least it wasn't Nazi sharks (or on post- watershed). (6 hours, 27 minutes ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25008: Enjoyed that. Good crossovers and nice balance between wordplay and general knowledge. Not too difficult :) (6 hours, 28 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25004: Not smug at all jolly- you enjoy the victory! Hopefully starting to see what to look for in my grids! (6 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #24993: Telenovella screwed me, but a good grid (7 hours, 22 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25004: rag week in British English (ræɡ wiːk) education. (in British universities) a period, usually a week, in which various events are organized to raise money for charity, including a procession of decorated floats and tableaux walk Spanish: To force someone to leave, usu. from a public place, by lifting him by his coat or shirt collar to a walking position and propelling him toward the door (7 hours, 27 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25007: Oh- people are going to HATE you for this- I personally think you're an evil genius. I got nowhere near (twice) but had an inkling about answers in questions from Big Country and San Marino- how clever to make THE WHOLE GRID this way. Keep on being different, and weird, and enriching. Kudos (8 hours, 5 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25006: I really wanted it to be fog chicken (8 hours, 16 minutes ago)

wut @ #25004: What the heck are Rag Week and Spanish Walk? (8 hours, 22 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25004: And thank you for the compliment, I do love that programme! You'd be good at one of these, inventive brain (8 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Rossco @ #25004: Took me a while, thought it was impossible at first but got there in the end, great quiz! (8 hours, 49 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25004: Andy P @ #24980: You might enjoy my unofficial 'House of Games' question group on Facebook if you enjoy puzzles like this. It's very similar to the 'Answer Smash' round from the TV show. https://www.facebook.com/groups/305752400278560 (5 hours, 53 minutes ago) This was posted by AndyP on one of mine- you might be interested? (8 hours, 50 minutes ago)

Kondja Mia @ #24983: Thanks, i always make that mistake. But don't worry, i inadvertently accounted for my own misspelling, so the quiz does accept "pigeon" :) (8 hours, 55 minutes ago)

Rossco @ #24992: Great red herrings, great grid! (8 hours, 56 minutes ago)

JaminVee @ #24993: A bit easy except some of the descriptions are a bit narrow. (8 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Rossco @ #24994: Good grid, not too difficult (9 hours, 1 minute ago)

Niqldoo @ #24994: Good choices (9 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Keir H @ #25004: You should be a House of Games question writer, honestly. Seems you'd be good at writing Answer Smash. (9 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Olly @ #24873: I did that too! (9 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Hint @ #24985: Enjoyed that! The "posteriors" one I got in last few seconds for last moment resolution. Thanks! (9 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Ads @ #24931: Woah- lots of comments for one grid, it seems to have sparked a debate! I am scottish and I gave it ten out of ten. No problem with the words at all, it was the first group I got (9 hours, 26 minutes ago)

ButtonsCat @ #48: Best one yet! Palindromes and anagrams! (9 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Ben @ #25002: Nice! Enjoyed this - good balance (9 hours, 27 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #25004: Smug to have gotten full points but it took me a while to get going. Nice work! (9 hours, 32 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #24991: A wonderful, sneaky, enjoyable wall (9 hours, 38 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25001: Absolute genius. Didn't spot the (beautiful) symmetry- may have stood a chance if I'd known the text speak! Novel, well constructed, and much smarter than it first looked. Full marks, very much deserved (9 hours, 46 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24999: really lovely wordplay (9 hours, 52 minutes ago)

JaminVee @ #24999: Very clever... too clever for me. (10 hours, 33 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #24996: Cheers Jolly. I think it's the closest I've ever managed to one for the TV. So 3 stars by the time it hits the bottom of the page then. (10 hours, 40 minutes ago)

MrsB @ #25001: wow so modern haha (10 hours, 54 minutes ago)

Mr Big @ #24982: Less challenging but really good fun. (11 hours, 3 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #24992: I love rum, monsters and Simon Pegg so this was an absolute treat, Gus. (11 hours, 14 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #24994: Yep. Another fine puzzle. Thanks (11 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #24989: Tough, but very good. (11 hours, 18 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #24996: Really enjoyed this. Lovely grid, Dipper (11 hours, 20 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #24991: Excellent stuff, clever gridding. (11 hours, 23 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #24996: Thanks Sid. For that kind of link I usually just put 'synonym' or 'mean' and hope that covers it. Sometimes you can have 20+ synonyms and it's hard to hit every one. So I don't bother trying. :-)) (11 hours, 24 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24980: Wow- thanks Coochies, glad you like this style, I've done a few like this or similar, I'd be delighted if you checked them out and I hope you enjoy! (11 hours, 27 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #24996: :-)) Witty. (11 hours, 27 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #24996: Good grid, my only "complaint, or gripe etc." is that complain should have been a option as an answer. (11 hours, 28 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #24998: Good one MrsS (11 hours, 28 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24996: Oh well, they can pay for their eye surgery ;0 (11 hours, 31 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #24998: Very good gridding, well done. (11 hours, 35 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24998: Some great ideas in here (11 hours, 36 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #24993: Easy, but fun. (11 hours, 39 minutes ago)

Coochies @ #24980: Possibly the best grid on this site. (11 hours, 44 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #24996: Probably not as bad as lawn darts in the immediate. Years later when you realise you've gifted someone £1300 the pain lives on. (11 hours, 45 minutes ago)

JoeM @ #24993: It doesn’t accept “mass” units rather than weight units. The former is technically more correct than the latter. (11 hours, 46 minutes ago)

LK @ #24981: Love all the Mario red herrings, I admit I couldn't name the card games category because I'd never heard of Whist or Spit. Nonetheless very enjoyable! (11 hours, 46 minutes ago)

Rabbite @ #24983: Good grid, but most people spell it “pigeon“ rather than “pidgeon”. (11 hours, 47 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #24982: I prefer the more traditional types of wall so this one was right up my street. Loved the Yellow, Cabin and Millennium groups - wonder if you noticed the opportunity to use Millennium as a red herring for a group based on falcons? I think it would work better with only one word group and then you could have had Black in there as a falcon, a fever and a river. 5 stars from me though. :-) (12 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Snakes @ #24998: Ill did me in. Close. Good one (12 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Rabbite @ #24990: Got the pop band group totally by accident using another connection. They all make different words when the first letter is replaced by “p”; pimply, pink, pace, pay. LOL. Wonder if Victoria would have given me the point... (12 hours, 23 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24996: As bad as lawn darts? Couple of unexpected apples there, nice! (12 hours, 31 minutes ago)

Rabbite @ #24989: Please add “tree” as an acceptable answer to the wood group. (12 hours, 45 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24986: Andy P- you've used the operative word there, for me. I love the show, I love some of the great grids on here, but the thought of only ever producing one type over and over just turns my brain to thin unsweetened porridge. Sometimes I go fully traditional but I like to vary it up a bit. I'm not everyone's favourite beverage but neither is tap water. I will def check out your site, sounds good :) (13 hours, 15 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24980: thanks Andy P I love house of games, that sounds like fun! thanks very much, Nighteyes! I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but I love having ideas and they're there for those who enjoy them :) (13 hours, 21 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24994: Nicely interwoven (13 hours, 24 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24993: Ditto (13 hours, 27 minutes ago)

Nighteyes @ #24980: Superb. I really like this style of wall, and you do them very well. (13 hours, 29 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24992: Chased World's End about for ages- LOVELY crossovers, inspired! (13 hours, 30 minutes ago)

lorna @ #24991: Liked the "crack" group (13 hours, 34 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #24991: Angel "hair" did for me.......nice one (13 hours, 53 minutes ago)

OSSIEP9 @ #24993: Telenovela is completely new word/concept to me so I was on a hiding to nothing there....good work ! (13 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #24986: I nice concept. I was over thinking it so didn't manage to solve it at all but I enjoyed it a lot. (14 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Andy P @ #24980: You might enjoy my unofficial 'House of Games' question group on Facebook if you enjoy puzzles like this. It's very similar to the 'Answer Smash' round from the TV show. https://www.facebook.com/groups/305752400278560 (14 hours, 45 minutes ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.